Links
Blog
Paging Rules
Submit AP Rule
Login Form

Lost Pass? Register

teesoft forum
Forum for teesoft.info

FAQFAQ  RSSRSS   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New ideas or suggestions for AutoPager
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Tip:Click here to scan for System Errors & Optimize PC Performance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: New ideas or suggestions for AutoPager Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:

Very nice but slow
by angelovisi on October 3, 2008
[Report this review]
Very nice but a bit slow. I have also installed the greasemonkey script autopagerize, which does the same thing but only to some sites and it doesn't have all the options available in this autopager extention. But the autopagerize is way faster to the sites that it works on compared to autopager.

I have I think a good idea to make this an awesome extension, that's lightning fast. How about instead of loading the next page when you reach the bottom, load the next page when the current page have finished loading. So that when your on (for example) page 1, page 2 is already loading. When your reach the end of page 1 and cross over to page 2, page 3 starts to load. In this way there is no delay when your at the end of a page to cross over to the following page. Then in your autopager 'show page option' window, make an additional option entry to turn on / off pre-fetch next page.

BTY - do you have a link to a guide to use the autopager 'site wizard' for websites that I want to add to autopager? I would run the site wizard but I must be doing something wrong cause I couldn't get the site I tried it on to work.

ALOHA

Developer Reply: thanks
Reply by Wind Li on October 3, 2008
[Report this review]
I will consider your suggestion. Let's discuss on my forum. http://www.teesoft.info/phpbb/

I updated to the latest build for the extension and is much faster. So never mind about the comment I left but thank you for the reply.

I have an idea for the autopager extension that would make it nicer if it's something that can be implemented. There is another FFX extension smartpager that will
Quote:
Go to next/prev page or thread using rightmouse+wheel, alt+PgDn/Up in search, forum sites. It recognizes number page series([1][2][3]...), thread series or some keywords like next/prev.

If you can incorporate how the smartpager works (recognizes number page series([1][2][3]...), thread series or some keywords like next/prev.) into the autopager, then the autopager extension would work on majority of websites and not just a few. I really like the extension but I wish it would work on more of the websites that I visit often. Just an idea I thought might be helpful.

thank you
ALOHA

Last edited by avro on Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
wind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: idea for autopager Reply with quote

avro wrote:
Hello,
I have an idea for the autopager extension that would make it nicer if it's something that can be implemented. There is another FFX extension smartpager that will
Quote:
Go to next/prev page or thread using rightmouse+wheel, alt+PgDn/Up in search, forum sites. It recognizes number page series([1][2][3]...), thread series or some keywords like next/prev.

If you can incorporate how the smartpager works (recognizes number page series([1][2][3]...), thread series or some keywords like next/prev.) into the autopager, then the autopager extension would work on majority of websites and not just a few. I really like the extension but I wish it would work on more of the websites that I visit often. Just an idea I thought might be helpful.

thank you
ALOHA

Thanks for your information. I will find time to try smartpager.
avro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love this extension. Now that I sort of know how to add website I visit to my autopager, I have a more extension improvement ideas.

idea 1) in the autopager site setting workshop, add a filter content (ignore) button that works like the 'pickup content' button so that you can add content to be ignored when your setting up a website in the site workshop. It's really hard to filter content from the 'Manage Setting' window cause you have to enter the code you want to filter instead of letting you select the content like the 'pickup content button'.

idea 2) add a preview button on the site setting workshop. That way you can tryout and test to see if the setting works so that you can adjust and edit the settings till you get it right, instead of opening the 'Manage Setting' option window and delete the new entry if it's not just right.

idea 3) add a 'apply' button to the 'Manage Setting' option window. (I included this idea in another thread but thought I'd include it here too.)

idea 4) add 'site setting workshop' menu item in the autopager icon in the status bar.

that's it for new ideas for now but I just got to say I think this is one of the best FFX extension I got. Thank you for this great extension.

ALOHA
wind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avro wrote:
I just love this extension. Now that I sort of know how to add website I visit to my autopager, I have a more extension improvement ideas.

idea 1) in the autopager site setting workshop, add a filter content (ignore) button that works like the 'pickup content' button so that you can add content to be ignored when your setting up a website in the site workshop. It's really hard to filter content from the 'Manage Setting' window cause you have to enter the code you want to filter instead of letting you select the content like the 'pickup content button'.

idea 2) add a preview button on the site setting workshop. That way you can tryout and test to see if the setting works so that you can adjust and edit the settings till you get it right, instead of opening the 'Manage Setting' option window and delete the new entry if it's not just right.

idea 3) add a 'apply' button to the 'Manage Setting' option window. (I included this idea in another thread but thought I'd include it here too.)

idea 4) add 'site setting workshop' menu item in the autopager icon in the status bar.

that's it for new ideas for now but I just got to say I think this is one of the best FFX extension I got. Thank you for this great extension.

ALOHA

Thanks for your great ideas. I am thinking about some them too like adding a preview/test button to the autopager site workshop.
I will try to implement them when I find time.

Thanks
avro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Wind.

Here is another suggestion. Have a paypal 'please donate' button somewhere. I really like this extension so much that if you had a 'donate' button, I would like to help out and make a 'donation'.

I've been adding a bunch of websites to my autopager and I would like to help the autopager user community by sharing my autopager website config that I've added. How do I do that? (You might have to clean them up a bit, cause I'm still a noobie at adding website config to my autopager and I have a lot of unneeded content I don't have filtered. I have adblock plus and adblock element hiding helper extensions installed and I just block whatever I don't want using them.)

keep up the good work and I'll try to help in what I can

ALOHA
wind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avro wrote:
Thank you Wind.

I've been adding a bunch of websites to my autopager and I would like to help the autopager user community by sharing my autopager website config that I've added. How do I do that? (You might have to clean them up a bit, cause I'm still a noobie at adding website config to my autopager and I have a lot of unneeded content I don't have filtered. I have adblock plus and adblock element hiding helper extensions installed and I just block whatever I don't want using them.)

keep up the good work and I'll try to help in what I can

ALOHA

In the setting manager, select a setting and click the Public button. It will be submit to this sit.
I will have a look, make some little changes if needed and make them public to all users.

You will need Firefox 3 to do this.
avro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE!! I've made public a bunch of websites for your review and approval. I didn't include the adult website's because I didn't know if you would rather not have them included or not so I left them out. If you don't mind, I'll include them the next time.

Can you please take a look at http://www.area51warez.info
I got this website to work but because the address from pg 1 to pg 2 is weird, autopager for this website works only from pg 2. This website address for
pg 1 - http://www.area51warez.info/category/games/
pg 2 - http://www.area51warez.info/games/page/2/
What do I do so that autopager will work from page 1.

another question; I can't seem to get the filter xpath (hide content) in the 'manage setting' window to work. I would use the site setting workshop and use the 'pickup content' button for the xpath script and add it to the 'filter xpath' in 'manage setting' window but I must have the script wrong cause I can't get the hide content to work. How do you get the 'filter xpath' script? What am I doing wrong.

please teach me how it's done so I can add websites to autopager better.
wind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avro wrote:
DONE!! I've made public a bunch of websites for your review and approval. I didn't include the adult website's because I didn't know if you would rather not have them included or not so I left them out. If you don't mind, I'll include them the next time.

Can you please take a look at http://www.area51warez.info
I got this website to work but because the address from pg 1 to pg 2 is weird, autopager for this website works only from pg 2. This website address for
pg 1 - http://www.area51warez.info/category/games/
pg 2 - http://www.area51warez.info/games/page/2/
What do I do so that autopager will work from page 1.

another question; I can't seem to get the filter xpath (hide content) in the 'manage setting' window to work. I would use the site setting workshop and use the 'pickup content' button for the xpath script and add it to the 'filter xpath' in 'manage setting' window but I must have the script wrong cause I can't get the hide content to work. How do you get the 'filter xpath' script? What am I doing wrong.

please teach me how it's done so I can add websites to autopager better.

For http://www.area51warez.info , you can accept the xpath created by auto discovery. Or make a little change to it like this:
//div[@class='ctitlev']/p/span[1]/following-sibling::a[1]
The idea is to find the current page node //div[@class='ctitlev']/p/span[1] then the following one is next page.
The filter xpath is run on the result of the content xpath. So you need to remove the previous path from it.
So xpath like //div[@class='yahooBtmAd'] will work, but //body/table will not work.
And another thing you may need to know, the filter will applied on the added content, it will not try to remove the matched content in the current page.

I had public all the setting you submitted. With some minor changes to some one. such as the setting for http://www.area51warez.info.
avro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another idea 1) - in the 'manage settings' window, all my created autopager website url patterns are green. How about making the url patterns that have been made 'public' a different color, maybe a darker green. or make a new column before or after the 'url pattern' with a checkmark for patterns that's been made public. That way you can easily tell which url have been made public and which haven't. (I've been adding a bunch of websites to my autopager and I can't tell which patterns I've made public and which not public. I can check my email to see if a website's been subbmitted or not but if the url patterns get too many then checking email would get kind of hard.)

another idea 2) - in the 'manage settings' window, create a new button 'public all', that makes all new patterns public (but only new ones that haven't been made public yet).

ALOHA
avro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made public all my URL patterns but I wasn't sure (too lazy to check) which one I've already uploaded, so I made all mine public. Probably a bunch that's already been submitted, being submitted again a second time. SORRY Crying or Very sad

By the way, I noticed that the new patterns I submitted is automatically approved but please take a look at the http://*****.net/ url pattern. I thought I had it working but I must have changed something and now it's not. I tried to fix it but no good. Please work your magic on this one when you got time. (I've deleted this pattern from my manage list, awaiting your fix)

ALOHA
wind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avro wrote:
I just made public all my URL patterns but I wasn't sure (too lazy to check) which one I've already uploaded, so I made all mine public. Probably a bunch that's already been submitted, being submitted again a second time. SORRY Crying or Very sad

It's OK. My fault. I am lazy to improve the web site to check the exiting setting and AutoPager don't have the ability to tell the setting is already submitted.
Quote:

By the way, I noticed that the new patterns I submitted is automatically approved but please take a look at the http://*****.net/ url pattern. I thought I had it working but I must have changed something and now it's not. I tried to fix it but no good. Please work your magic on this one when you got time. (I've deleted this pattern from my manage list, awaiting your fix)

ALOHA

I made some change, but not sure it will work or not.
wind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.3.0 released, covers most of your suggestions, changes includes
1). add 'site setting workshop' menu item in the autopager icon in the status bar.
2). add a preview/test button on the site setting workshop.
3). add a 'apply' button to the 'Manage Setting' option window.
4). making the url patterns that have been made 'public' a different color : orange
5). prompt when try to public a already public setting
6). Show a modal prompt for the paging confirm, can be turn off in setting->general
avro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The changes to the website url pattern I just requested you to fix is working. thank you.
And the new update for the autopager is AWESOME! I only just posted the ideas a few days ago and it's already part of autopager!!! thank you!

ALOHA
avro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wind, I just tried to create a url pattern and the test site button works but in the process, the add site button doesn't work anymore.

Can you please check when you have a chance.

In the meantime, I reinstalled the v2.0.30.

ALOHA
wind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avro wrote:
Hi Wind, I just tried to create a url pattern and the test site button works but in the process, the add site button doesn't work anymore.

Can you please check when you have a chance.

In the meantime, I reinstalled the v2.0.30.

ALOHA

You are right. I introduce a typo in the last minutes.
You can give 0.3.0.1 a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    teesoft forum Forum Index -> AutoPager All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: